WHAT THE HELL!!
I actually had down time today at work. So I decided to check my aol mail and found this funky little quiz about political views....and then I took it....interesting...
ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,
The political description that
fits you best is...
LIBERTARIAN
LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and
economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one
that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.
Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose
government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate
diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%.
(Please note: Scores falling on the Centrist border are counted as Centrist.)

27 Comments:
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Join us
There is a great disturbance in the force...........
mwa ha ha ha ha ... our empire of libertarians is growing... now we must convert Steve
and of course Dennis, the liberal.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
btw... what was the quiz... you should also consider taking the quiz that i featured on my blog a long time ago
Blog Entry #1
Blog Entry #2
the test is at Political Compass
enjoy
If I were Princess Amidala and the situation was reversed with me being pulled toward the dark side or siding with Anakin....I would stay with my extremely fine husband (even though he can not act) instead of following the old wrinkly guy with the smelly black robe on... and yes, I just related my political views to Star Wars....
By the way Dave...I am not a commie...we have already had this conversation...so don't answer with "whatever commie".....stupid political compass......
Dave, I've told you this many times before and I've also told Matt this....the only political system I view as being to the benefit of all people involved is socialism. I view Che Guevara and Fidel Castro as visionaries who saw a problem and had the cajones to act and create the most succesful example of socialism in the world -- Cuba! Complete socialism is the answer to capitalism's downfalls. So if anyone is a commie here, its me. Viva le revolucion siempre!!!!
well, according to Dave's political compass, I'm a leftist libertarian....whatever the hell that is supposed to mean...i think there were one or two questions that sandbagged me from being more authoritarian. The homosexuality questions might have screwed me...such as my opinion that homosexuals should not raise children (controversial, but that is how I feel) and some other stuff. I might have to read some libertarian literature....but I can't fucking stand Bill Maher!!!!!!!
actually dave, according to the charts you created on those blog entries, I fall right into the circle known as socialism...i'm pretty close to the green circle, but i'm definitely in the socialist circle. You can now see why frank and I disagree on pretty much EVERYTHING!!
we learned all about "your kind" in my education class this semester...cool, kid.
p.s. checked livejournal lately? you should...
love you!!! mwah! -bianchi
Socialism = Sheep
Capitolism = Wolves
Bark at the moon baby!!
Sheep in Cuba have better education and are FAR more literate (most of the population there is bilingual) than the "wolves" in this country. Canada provides all its citizens health care, and France can boast one of the more stable economies in the world. You can take your American capitAlism (spell check?) ands shove it up your ass!!
Cuba + Canada + France = pussies
America = Fuck yeah
America = 25% taxes
France/Canada = ~ 50% taxes
If Cuba is so great... why are people floating away from the place in hollowed out logs and refridgerators? If our country said learn to read or die, we'd probably have a 98% literacy rate instead of 95%.
Im thrilled that my journey into the land of Libertarianism has caused so much entertainment for you fellows :-)
our literacy rate is nowhere near 95%. Why are Cuba and Canada and France pussies? Because they see fit to not start needless wars and meddle out of the affairs of other countries and don't enact a cloaked agenda of imperialism? Yes, we were attacked on 9/11 and we should be fighting terrorism, not overthrowing secular governmenst who had nothing to do with 9/11 just to "spread democracy". And Cuba is the only country who has the balls to stand up to the US and maintain their government. Socialism looks out for the welfare of its citizens first and foremost. And as to why Cubans are constantly coming here to the US on floating doors and Fedexing themselves? We have an open door policy!!!! If any Cuban makes it to the shores they are guarantreed asylum. Cuba is the only country that the US does this for. Mostly they are coming to reunite with families who left during the revolution and in the inafncy years of Castro's reign, not for political freedom. If Bush had not restricted travel to and from Cuba, less people would be coming here. Ever since the downfall of the Soviet Union, every president was seeking to ease embargos and restrictions, but Bush has tightened them! It's a pissing match from people who are scared to blink first. Once Castro dies and we get a levelheaded president who sees the benefits of trade with Cuba and a Congress who won't try to fight him, you'll see things drastically change in terms of immigration from Cuba.
my point is socialism makes the masses happy but makes it harder to emerge from the masses. I.E. most people are "taken care" (even though they pay half of their salary to support a bunch of slackers i.e. Germany) of but if you have a brain and any talent, you get stuck in the system and can't do anything for yourself. Also, socialism is a million times more corrupt and beauracratic than our current system. When the government controls things without competition, things go to shit. The benefit of capitalism is competition. Eliminate competition and you eliminate any drive to become better. I don't judge our country's education system on literacy rate. Let's judge it by the influx of people to our colleges because they are the best in the world. If you want to go to school in America and learn how to read, you have every opportunity. If you chose not to take advantage of an education, thats your fault and you should move to Poland or something. Get Cuba's cock out of your mouth, they are a third world country. When the doors of Cuba swing open, our GDP won't skyrocket, it will not even fart. I'd be more worried about semi-closed markets like China and Japan, places that actually have money and spend money thats worth something. You commie :)
Are you naive enough to believe we have true competition in this country? Oligopolies control everything and barriers to entry in any market is the highest its ever been. In this capitalistic society which has a government which is in the pockets of big corporations, the common man doesn't stand a chance to break out of his middle class shell. Look at media deregulation. There was no way that the government should have let the Viacom/CBS merger happen, but it did. Our government eliminated the 60/40 laws which prevented one corporation from owning more than 60% of companies within a single medium. Thanks to them, there are two companies which own over 80% of all radio stations in the country, ClearChannel and Infinity. 5 corporations control all the network media in this country (NewsCorp, Viacom, Disney, GE, and Time Warner) If you need further proof of non-competition, look at the automobile industry. When the last time you heard of a successful new auto company in the world that was NOT a subsidiary of a major corporation like Ford, GM, or Chrysler. Do you really think Wal-Mart will let any newbie department store chain compete? Not with their low prices and low wages. Competition my ass!
The corporations... doing all their corporationy things... Matt Damon
Tired excuse
If I want to open a store that is like Walmart, I can. It would be hard but not impossible (Mexicans R' Us). If the store is more efficient, cheaper, nicer than Walmart, I control the market. If its just on par, I get bought out and life my live on a beach with my 40 spanish wives.
+1 Competition :-P
I love how the comment sections are debates, it makes me happy
mexicans r us? sounds like a temp agency for restaurants that need replacement dishwashers
1. Ford (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston-Martin, Mazda, Mercury, Merkur)
2. GM (Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saab, Cadillac, Saturn, Hummer, Opel, Buick)
3. DaimlerChrysler (Chrysler, Mercedes-Benz, Dodge, Jeep, Eagle, Maybach
4. VW (Audi, VW, Porsche, Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini)
5. BMW (BMW, Mini, Rolls-Royce)
6. Toyota (Toyota, Lexus, Toyota)
7. Honda (Honda, Acura
8. Fuji Heavy Industries (Isuzu & Suburu)
9. Hyundai (Hyundai, Kia)
10. Fiat (Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati)
11. Peugot
12. Renault (Renault, Nissan, Infiniti)
13. Suzuki (only 20% is controlled by GM)
14. Mitsubishi
Sounds like competition to me.
the second listing of toyota within the toyota listing is supposed to be Scion... oops
I'm talking about the US economy, so scratch Peugot and Fiat right off. I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi is owned by Chrysler becasue every Jeep dealership I see is a Jeep/Eagle/Mitsubishi dealership. And Suzuki is still controlled by GM, so we're down to 10 companies....yup, that's an oligopoly. When it comes down to affordability in the middle and lower classes, it becomes even narrower. We can strike BMW, VW, and Toyota from the list. Yeah, if you're rich you can afford anything. If I could, I would buy a lamborghini, or a porsche, or somethign I've never heard of with the driver's seat located right in the middle (i've seen that somewhere but have no idea what that car is called).
Im honored you fella's have decided to have a debate on my blog....AWESOME!! ROLL TIDE!
fiats and puegots were sold here in the 70s but no one bought them. GM owns only 20% of Suzuki... definitely not controlled. Watch them to sell that portion off in the coming year just as they have sold off Fiat and Fuji Heavy Industries this year. Chrysler only owns 20% of Mitsubishi while the vast majority is owned by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Additionally, you can't just strike off BMW, VW, and Toyota because you don't want them or cannot afford them. They increase the competition. BMW is expensive and progresses the innovation in the field and then Ford and GM have to compete to catch up for their luxury cars. Then this developed technology filters down into their lower priced cars. Just because you can't afford a certain brand, doesn't mean it doesn't affect the economy or competition. The vast majority of all innovation on the Chevy Cobalt has come for research and innovation work done on Cadillacs and Corvettes. Also, the US economy is slowing becoming the Global Economy. Lastly, the Global Economy, for the Automotive Field, is the only important one now. Nobody makes money selling cars in America right now. The only important economy in the world for cars is China. Look into it. And the big players are not who you'd think. #1 is VW and #2 is GM.
Oh... you make a good argument about the media companies but picked a bad one with the automotive industry. GM, the worlds largest corporation and largest car company only controls like 29% of the market. No where near your 60/40 rule.
Roll Tide? More like Roll Tigers... and Roll Auburn this weekend.
Auburn doesnt "Roll" David, They get ROLLED OVER! ROLL TIDE!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home