I aint yo Babiez Momma

Thats right....I said it....I aint yo Babiez Momma! Do you hear the words coming out of my mouth?!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Grammy Nominations!!!!

To The Business.....this post is not going to be about confusion, boys, or drama......so you will be happy!!

HOORAY!!!! Mariah Carey was nominated for 8 Grammys! She is by far one of my favorite female artists. Thank god she redeemed herself from that tragic mistake her fans like to call "shitter". Oh how me and Mariah go way back......I remember being in the 5th grade and all of us losers trying to coreograph dances to Emotions. And dressing up like Mariah Carey for Halloween. We all had to look just like her in the "Always Be my Baby" video. I even tried to convince people I was related to her when someone made the comment that we both could sing and even had the same nose!! Hard to believe this was all 10 years ago!!!! The funniest thing was me trying to sing "Hero" for my 5th grade talent show........sure, the first part when along smoothly....but once I had to hit those high notes...my 10 year old voice wasnt developed enough for that...although I thought I sounded just like her HAHAHAHAH!!!!! My brother will tell you a different story though. I still put her Christmas album in every year non stop! Its the best and everyone needs to get it.......maybe I should be her Marketing Rep?! Yes, I think so. Its amazing how I can think back and relate a Mariah Carey song to almost every year of my life. Damn I feel old. I will be pissed however if Kanye West beats her our for Album of the year. I mean damn, she is 36 and still drop dead gorgious with such an amazing voice! And unlike alot of the Artists today she WRITES HER OWN DAMN MUSIC!! Sure, Kanye is talented....but he has plenty of time left to win that one. Plus, hes nominated for 16............"President Bush Hates Midgets!" .........although the more I think about it he threw a temper tantrum when he did not win last year? Odd he has so many nominations this year...........hum..........whatever, IM pullin for Mariah all the way!

7 Comments:

At Thu Dec 08, 10:48:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have officially made Kelly Clarkson (and me) cry! She should atleast be mentioned in your blog for getting two nominations for rising from the pop factory that is American Idol to make the world a better place by creating Since U Been Gone.

 
At Thu Dec 08, 11:05:00 AM PST, Blogger AmandaMae said...

Ok ok!!! Oh IM so sorry....I do love me some Kelly Clarkson as well. My favorite is "because of you" though. "Since you've Been Gone" is also dear to my heart :) but its still not the same as Mariah...since Kelly has only been around 4 years. I do hope she picks up a Grammy. She deserves it!

 
At Thu Dec 08, 11:14:00 AM PST, Blogger Aventius said...

Um... she "co-writes" most of her songs. You know who else "co-writes" all of their songs? The Backstreet Boys and N'Sync and I wouldn't call either of those fools writers.

Personally, I'm pulling for Old Dirty Bastard to return from the grave, put out an another album and sweep all the awards, including the classical ones.

 
At Thu Dec 08, 11:28:00 AM PST, Blogger Aventius said...

**Further Evidence**

Vision of Love - Mariah Carey & Ben Margulies
Dreamlover (sample) - Mariah Carey, Dave Hall, & David Porter
Heartbreaker (sample) - Mariah Carey & Jay-Z
Hero (stolen lyrics) - Mariah Carey & Walter Afanasieff
Honey (sample) - Mariah Carey, Puff Daddy, Stevie J, & Q-Tip
Fantasy (sample) - Mariah Carey, Dave Hall, Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz, Steven Stanley, Adrian Belew
Always Be My Baby - Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, & Manuel Seal
It's Like That (sample) - Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, & Manuel Seal
We Belong Together (2 samples) - Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, Manuel Seal, Johnta Austin, Babyface, Darnell Bristol, Sidney DeWayne, Bobby Womack, Patrick Moten, Sandra Sully
Shake It Off - Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, Bryan Michael Cox, Johnta Austin

I'm not saying she's not a great performer and doesn't have a hot ass but a pure writer, she's not. She may write the lyrics but I highly, very highly doubt she writes the music.

 
At Thu Dec 08, 11:41:00 AM PST, Blogger AmandaMae said...

DAMN IT DAVE! HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT RUIN MY DREAM!!!!!!!!!! :-) You are only looking at her Number 1's....dig a little deeper my friend

 
At Thu Dec 08, 12:43:00 PM PST, Blogger Aventius said...

yeah... only her number ones... so the ones she writes alone suck is what you're saying.

Time on my hands? Eh took 10 minutes using Wikipedia. Besides, anything is better than studying for my ME 50 final.

 
At Sun Dec 11, 07:26:00 PM PST, Blogger NoOneSpecial said...

you wanted to dress like mariah carey for halloween?! i can imagine a mariah carey costume: bad wig, slutty clothes, and a bottle of prozac in your hand. or maybe just a straight jacket to symbolize her cuckoo years, or as i like to refer to those years, the time when my radio didn't annoy the hell out me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home